Decisions. You and your colleagues make good ones. Sometimes they get traction. Sometimes derailment. The difference has to do with whether or not your organizational culture is well-aligned with the decisions you make and the actions you take. In a misaligned culture, good decisions suffer dis-traction.
Alignment. Whether within a mechanical or biological framework, alignment is essential to efficient and effective pursuit of outcomes. The same is true for organizations. This service provides a framework of ten culture-embedding mechanisms that leaders and teams can use to effectively align “The way we do things around here” with intentionally chosen beliefs and behaviors.
Systems. These ten mechanisms act together as a multi-faceted system that maintains organizational health and vitality while fulfilling mission, margin, and meaning. Organisms thrive when properly nourished. These mechanisms, categorized below according to degrees of “visibility”, may also be viewed as essential nutrients for your organization.
- Values, Mission, & Vision – Your DNA and sense of “reproductive purpose”
- Language – How it defines and influences perceptions of reality
- Metrics– What is measured, why, reporting of it, to whom, etc.
- Leadership – Awareness and efficacy around leadership’s influence on culture
- Team Learning – Getting better at becoming a team that gets aligned results
- Power Structures – Formal, informal, public, discreet…where and how its used
- Social Control Systems – How to intentionally leverage positive peer pressure
- Narratives – Stories define and reinforce organizational identity, for good or ill
- Mental Models – Healthy growth requires clear, commonly-understood structures
- Basic Assumptions – Deep, “proven” beliefs about solving problems and leveraging opportunities
Intentionality. Culture-shaping and sustaining is the #1 priority of a leader. Shaping it requires the best that leaders and teams have to offer. This service helps you pre-pare for that best.