What is an Executive Coach?
Executive Coaching is about:
- A trusted companion helping you increase self-awareness within your present realities and…
- Strengthening your personal resolve to engage responsibly in those realities so that…
- Your future is more of what you desire because of doing something generative in the present.
The executive coaching process includes:
- Determining a good ‘fit’ between you and your executive coach;
- Clarifying expectations and boundaries;
- Setting meeting rhythms and timeframes;
- Establishing an initial set of goals and objectives (or whatever you prefer to call them).
Other executive coaching factors include:
- You set the agenda for each session.
- Your executive coach prepares according to your pre-session communications.
- You may bring up real-time scenarios to process.
- Your executive coach may bring up topics based on his/her observations.
- Executive coaching is about progress more than completion – progress as evidence of personal and professional development.